Typing RIM into Google News makes for nasty reading. If you are unaware of the current situation for the Canadian phone maker, here are some choice headlines:
- BlackBerry delay darkens RIM’s future
- RIM Nose Dives After Another Disaster Of An Earnings Report
- Apple’s App Store alone worth more than RIM
- RIM’s Absurd Plan To Fix Itself: Do Better Advertising In 2012
- RIM activist renews call for leadership change
And that’s just a snapshot.
If I was Mike Lazaridis or Jim Balsillie, I would be wondering two things, one where did it all go wrong and what can be done about it. The world isn’t interested in the first question and deeply concerned about RIMs’ plan to answer the second.