Typing RIM into Google News makes for nasty reading. If you are unaware of the current situation for the Canadian phone maker, here are some choice headlines:
- BlackBerry delay darkens RIM’s future
- RIM Nose Dives After Another Disaster Of An Earnings Report
- Apple’s App Store alone worth more than RIM
- RIM’s Absurd Plan To Fix Itself: Do Better Advertising In 2012
- RIM activist renews call for leadership change
And that’s just a snapshot.
If I was Mike Lazaridis or Jim Balsillie, I would be wondering two things, one where did it all go wrong and what can be done about it. The world isn’t interested in the first question and deeply concerned about RIMs’ plan to answer the second.
My latest article on PostDesk is about how Sony has the option to create three new pathways for the consumer with new convergence devices in the pipeline it has the means to deliver it, but in order for it to succeed it needs to leave devices such as the PS Vita behind.
My latest article for PostDesk is on my struggles on using Android keyboards, how it almost made me leave the platform and how the future of Android provided salvation.
Check it out at http://postdesk.com/blog/android-keyboard-typing